Breast diseases and problems are common conditions among women of all ages, patients may seek medical attention if they feel a breast mass (lump), breast pain, have nipple discharge, or have an abnormal mammogram.
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer, and the second leading cause of death among women in the United States. It is estimated that one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lifetime.
Early detection with expedited diagnosis and multidisciplinary treatment, are the most important factors that will help in curing patients with breast cancer and improving their lives.
At Suede Surgical Care we provide the following services and procedures that help in caring for women with breast disease:
- Breast ultrasound.
- Vacuum assisted breast biopsy with ultrasound guidance, utilizing the latest technologies that is highly accurate with minimal pain and discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Breast surgery for benign as well as malignant breast disease.
- Breast conserving surgery for breast cancer, with excellent cosmetic results.
- Mastectomy with immediate reconstruction, for the treatment of breast cancer, in collaboration with plastic reconstructive surgery.
- Sentinal lymph node biopsy, as part of the surgical treatment of breast cancer.
- Accelerated partial breast radiation, as adjuvant therapy to breast conserving surgery, for breast cancer. Which provides excellent results, with minimal side effects, and allows the patient to go back to her normal life as quickly as possible.
As a member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons, and the Breast Care Collaborative program at Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Dr. Suede dedicates significant amount of his time and practice for the careof women with breast disease.
When patients present for the first time they are often very anxious and concerned. At Suede Surgical Care we understand that and strive to expedite their evaluation, in order to alleviate their anxiety and put them on the path to recovery.
In a very professional, caring, and friendly environment patients are evaluated, and if indicated a breast biopsy is performed immediately, with results available in 24-48 hours, so further treatment could be planned promptly.